CAN I PICK UP MY BIB ON FRIDAY?
- No, bib pickup is day of race Saturday, May 19th from 6:30-8:30 am. PICK UP BEGINS AT 7AM
IS RACE DAY REGISTRATION AVAILABLE?
- Yes. race day registration will open at 7am
ARE FRIENDS OR FAMILY MEMBERS PERMITTED TO PICK UP MY ATHLETE PACKET IF THEY BRING THE SIGNED WAIVERS AND A COPY OF MY ID?
- Unfortunately no, It’s a liability for us and there’s no way around it, you must pick-up your packet in person with your own ID, with the exception of minors who may have a parent or legal guardian pick up their packet for them. In the case of relay teams only one member needs to be present, provided they bring a complete set of signed waivers from each team member.
ARE FRIENDS AND FAMILY PERMITTED IN THE TRANSITION AREA?
- No, only registered athletes may enter the transition area on race day.
ARE DOGS PERMITTED ON SITE?
DO I NEED A WETSUIT?
- Wetsuits are optional. Remember there are two swim sections so a wetsuit may or may not be an advantage. The water temperature should be around 75 degrees. If you are looking to rent one, we suggest contacting your local tri shop or www.wetsuitrentals.com.
DO ALL FINISHERS GET A MEDAL?
DO ALL RELAY MEMBERS GET A MEDAL?
DO I GET AN EVENT T-SHIRT?
- ethos is dedicated to providing a full race and festival experience. Along those lines we’ve opted to forgo an event t-shirt and bring ozomati for your entertainment.
CAN I START IN THE SAME WAVE AS MY FRIEND/PARTNER/TRAINING PARTNER ETC.?
- Yes, when you come to pickup your packet on Saturday stop by the timing company table (just look for the sign) and they will adjust your starting wave.
CAN I WEAR AN MP3 PLAYER DURING THE RACE?
DOES MY ENTRY ALLOW ME TO ATTEND THE POST-RACY PARTY AND CONCERT?
IF I HAVE A FRIEND THAT ONLY WANTS TO ATTEND THE CONCERT IS THERE A COST?
- Yes, $10.00. Concert only passes can be purchased at the venue
IF I’VE ALREADY PAID FOR PARKING, DO I RECEIVE A PARKING PASS?
- Yes, it will be sent along with your bib as a printable PDF. Please print and display in the left side of your windshield. THOSE WHO HAVE REGISTERED BY 5/14/12 WILL RECEIVE A PRINTABLE PARKING PASS. DAY OF AND REGISTRATIONS BETWEEN 5/15-5/18 WILL NEED TO PAY $10 ON RACE MORNING.
WILL THERE BE FOOD & DRINK
- All race participants will have access to on course fluids (water and gatorade), as well as a post race snack. Additional food and drink will be available for purchase post race from various vendors.
IS THE SWIM EVENT SANCTIONED
- The swim portion of the event has been officially sanctioned by usat. if you have registered online and provided your usat member number or purchased a 1day membership you are all set. if you have not, and plan to register onsite you will need to pay for a 1 day usat membership. Cash or check only, please. Cost: $12.00
HOW MANY OBSTACLES ARE PART OF THE 8K?
- The 8k course is primarily a trail run and utilizes many of the natural obstacles that make up vail lake’s property. However, we will be tossing a few additional fun things your way. Yes, you are getting wet!
- The grand prix and the 8k adventure run are both timed by our by gemini timing. Each participant will be given a timing chip when they pick up their race bib on Saturday am. Our volunteers will be available to assist in removing your timing chip upon completion of the event. Timing results will be available in the evening on 5/19.